Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Diaper Bag Tutorial Sew-A-Long?

I have made a couple of diaper bags in my life, and I love them both. I have had several people ask me to sell them as well, but since you blog readers are my closest secret friends, I'll tell you the truth. I don't want to do that. Diaper bags are material and labor intensive. I'd really have to charge an arm and a leg for it to be worthwhile. Seriously. If you see a bunch of outrageously expensive diaper bags on Etsy and wonder why, make one yourself.

For real. Make one yourself.... with me!

Here are two of my past diaper bags, made from patterns from Amy Butler's "Little Stitches for Little Ones."








My sweet friend Holly has a crush on this bag, and I am in need of a new, smaller bag. The current slouchy-bag style is just not working for diapers, wipes, cell phones, sunscreen, wallets, etc. I think this will be perfect!


It is the Diaper Dude Lotus Diva Bag.

I haven't seen it from every angle, but I'm thinking we can attempt to wing it. If you'd like to make this bag or something close to it, join us on this upcoming diaper bag tutorial sew-a-long adventure!

My sewing machine has to come back from the repair shop before I'm getting started, but until then, start finding the fabrics you love the most!

It's only fair that I warn you in advance that I am NOT a perfectionist when it comes to sewing. This bag will be similar but not identical, and my measurements are bound to be crazy at times. I promise! But I think we can have fun together!

9 comments:

  1. I aspire to one day participate in such an event. Apparently, all of my tables in the house are bar style (high tops) and I can't figure out how to sew on any of them with my cords being so short. Once our final house hold goods shipment comes in, I'll (hopefully) have a dining room table that is a proper height (and width, and length) for a full on sewing extravaganza.

    Oh, and let's not forget that I'm a beginner, so I may have to start with something less labor intensive. I write all of this to tell you that I do follow your blogs, I would love to participate in your craftiness, but I must wait a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KB, I'll be glad to have you join in the fun whenever you're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, that bag has been one of the hardest things I've made so far and you put more then half of it together for me:)
    I'm with you on this one. I love the bag....it's super cute! I'll have to see if we have any funds for this project. Do we need to get a med-heavy fabric? Like the fabric of the bag we made?

    ReplyDelete
  4. fusion348=Holly with the bag crush;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be glad to have you! I'm working on my paper version right now, so I can hopefully give you appropriate fabric estimates asap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever watched live sex cams? Then visit BongaCams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you providing the patterns? I love the top one.

    ReplyDelete