Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sew Vintage

I think you're gonna like this one.


That's right, folks. It's the MILLION DOLLAR DRESS! This little number is a sewing pattern, circa 1976, made by "Stretch & Sew:  America's Fabric and Sewing Center." It is actually quite large. The envelope containing the pattern is a bit bigger than a normal sheet of paper, 8-1/2" x 11". 


It seems a bit pricey to me at $5.00 in the US, and $5.50 in Canada, but then again... it IS the Million Dollar Dress.


Check out the back view, featuring the dress designer, Robert-David Morton.


The description reads "New York fashion designer Robert-David Morton's most talked about creation has already sold a million dollars at retail, earning it the name "Morton's Million Dollar Dress." This outstanding designer original is now an exclusive Stretch & Sew Pattern. "The Million Dollar Dress" is designed for Antron/Lycra knit, a blend of Antron nylon and Lycra spandex. This fabric is easy to sew, comfortable to wear, and requires minimum maintenance. Previously seen only in swimwear, Robert-David Morton innovates and designs this elegant fabric for fashion wear." 

Just reading that makes me feel like a million bucks! And I've never heard or read the word "Antron" in my life. 


I can't wait to make it and sell it in my Etsy shop. One Million Dollars for one dress. AWESOME.... and that might be my last sale. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment