Friday, August 5, 2011

Kids Craft: Build Something Together

You might think this is lame, but my son LOVES it... and it's totally free. I think this is an awesome father/son bonding opportunity (or mother/son, whatever floats your boat). On Saturday mornings, both Lowe's and Home Depot offer free building projects for kids. They get aprons and badges or pins for every project they complete, and they get to keep the projects. It is super cool. Ephraim has made a planter, a race car, a tow truck, a flag holder, binoculars, and more!

Anyway, I know this isn't technically me telling you much of anything, but I still think you should go do it. If your a homeschooler, this would be an amazingly inexpensive way to do wood shop!

So, if you want to sign up for a Lowe's Build and Grow Workshop, go here.

If you'd prefer a Home Depot workshop, they are only held the first Saturday of every month. Find out more information here.

Here's little man's Lowe's apron, with just a few of his badges.


Yes, he has a Home Depot apron, too. Yes, I could have taken pictures of all the projects... but I didn't. So sue me. ;)

Oh, I also want to add that you can purchase the kits to make these crafts on your own at Lowe's. Check out their online store to see some of the available "Build & Grow" kits!

1 comment:

  1. I always look at their stuff and think they would be fun when H gets older!

    ReplyDelete