Friday, August 12, 2011

Sew Vintage


Today's Sew Vintage item from my grandmotherly collections is the Snip-Grip! It was advertised in "Life" and is a MUST for every sewing machine! It eliminates needle rethreading, prevents thread bunching, cuts and holds top and bobbin threads. It is as featured in Advance Pattern, Butterick Pattern, McCall's Pattern, Modern Miss, Modern Needlecraft, and Vogue Pattern.  What is it???? I have no idea.


The back says that it automatically places sewing machine in perfect sewing position. You attach it to the presser foot, and it seems like maybe it cuts thread for you?. I dunno. Not gonna try it. I had no success finding it online, so I'm still very curious about its age. If you find out, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I just came across one From my grandma's sewing box.... Also still in packaging.

    ReplyDelete