Thursday, October 13, 2011

New Dress for Little Lady

I'm in LOVE. I made this using a McCall's Pattern (M6387). ADORABLE. The fabric was a collection that I found at Hobby Lobby.... and that vintage crochet lace? THAT is the reason I love inheriting vintage stuff. It is just beautiful!




I removed the detachable apron for the picture below.




















I love the look on her face! Hilarious!


And this was the moment when she realized its twirling capabilities! I caught my little lady's first dress twirling on camera! Yay! :)






I think this is the perfect fall dress. It could also be made into a really beautiful Christmas dress.

I know it can be intimidating to learn to sew from a pattern, but it is SO worth it! I picked up this pattern during one of Joann's $0.99 sales, and it was well worth every penny. I have about a zillion patterns that I've purchased from those $0.99 sales, and I'm committing to start sewing through them, one at a time. I hate just buying things and never getting around to accomplishing them. 


This is the picture from the McCall's website, of the original pattern. Go buy it!

Or, I suppose I could sell you one in my Etsy shop! :)

On another note, I am currently drawing up a pattern for a trifold organizer to store all my crochet hooks and materials. I'm using the scrap fabric from this dress. It's going to be beautiful. Can't wait to share it with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment