Friday, January 27, 2012

Crochet Granny Square Bag Tutorial - Part I

I'm following through on one of my Honey Do posts! Yay!

I figured I'd share it with you, if you'd like to follow along.

Materials
 - E hook
 - Lots of different colors of yarn!

You can use any granny square pattern you like. This blog, "A Granny A Day," has all sorts of fun patterns!

I used a traditional, circle in the square pattern. Here's how it's done.

With first color, ch 5. Sl st in 1st ch to form a loop.
Round 1.  Ch 3. *Dc in ring, ch 1. Repeat from * around 11 more times. Join with a sl st in top of beginning ch. Weave in ends.
Round 2.  With second color, in any ch 1 sp, ch 3, dc in same sp, ch 1. In each sp around, do 2 dc followed by 1 ch. Join with a sl st in top of beginning ch. Weave in ends.
Round 3.  With third color, in any ch 1 sp, ch 3, 2 dc in same sp, ch 1. In each sp around, do 3 dc followed by 1 ch. Join with a sl st in top of beginning ch. Weave in ends.
Round 4. With fourth color (which I used as a main color in my granny squares) in any ch 1 sp, ch 3, dc in same sp, ch 2, 2 dc. In next 2 spaces, 2 dc, 1 ch, 2 dc. *In fourth space (which will be the next corner), 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc. In next 2 spaces, 2 dc, 1 ch, 2 dc. Repeat from * around.


Make 19 squares.









Next up, crochet the straps for your bag. Using an H hook, ch 82. Turn. Sk 2. Hdc 80. Turn. Ch 2, Hdc 80. Weave in ends. Make two of these straps.



Next week, I will assemble the squares and sew a lining for the bag! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment